Forum

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Nub?

{WAR}KrY
I just want to get this offy chest. Stop calling people noobs for how they choose to play. I consider my self to be a skilled miner. I place my mines in a way that has been developed and improved over time. If you are getting killed by my mines maybe its you that is the noob. Its not that hard to avoid, really just takes a made or two or even using grapple to set them off. Same with ronin, though o think ronin use in DM maps is lame it is a good defence against PJ. Again it does not take much to beat a ronin and if you let a ronon kill you you might be the noob. They people who caused me to post this are the ones who call others noobs but use cheap tactics themselves. Mostly everyone now uses sniper for body shot and switches to auto to finish kill. If you do this then you have no argument for me not using whatever the server allows me to against it. That said if you don't like the weapons/settings on a server, perhaps you should host your own. That what I did. Happy gaming
--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

November 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY
Typed this on my phone so sorry for typos and auto correct Made=nade
--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

November 5, 2013 at 8:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

i like and i use mines very often too. and i agree the people who only pjump from their flag to the enemy flag point and then cry when there are put some mines should not call the miners "noobs", they should better think about their boring gameplay (jumping from point a to b and back ....) and see the mines as a challange they have to handle with!

on old jbnightfire forums we had a similar talk about mines that they are not noobish (maybe when u put them on spawn, but thats the only thing). they are more a tactical part of the game and as you say its a way to defence against pjump.

ronins.... well i see there 1 problem. imagine you are in dm-map and fight against player x. and there is a ronin from player y too, but player y is at this moment on a other place and doesnt see the fight betwenn x and you. but his ronin kills you maybe. so you didnt loose the fight against x, you loosed against the ronin of y cause u were in fight with x while it did shoot on you. i think such situations are annoying.

--

"DONT BE A HATER, BE A CELEBRATER" (by Jeff Stelling, 9/26/2013)

November 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY
I agree with you completely Bev about the use of Ronins in dm_maps It is very lame, the only thing i like about them in dm is it gives me something to do. I make it my challenge to block those ronins and kill their user. That said I think ronins are totally lame in dm maps and find it funny how many "pro" players use them. In ctf however I think they are a good defense against pj. and should be taken with the same approach as Bev suggested for Mines, take it as a challenge you need to beat. I think there is skill involved in ronin placement as well. But I don't count my kill score in ctf I only look at flag capture score. I'm sure you all know that I really dont care if I'm winning, I only like a fair fight, why I am so often seen changing to the loosing team. I also often refuse to change to the winning team until the score is evened out. Kill them all!
November 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto
Respect! I agree to the mines because they can be used well with skill. Use wtvr weapons in the server. What makes me sad is seeing a new agent come into the game and instead of even trying to fight and get better he'll just go and get himself a pile of ronin's and camp out on the ctf_Romania balcony. Another thing is that good pjumpers can sometimes go straight through the mines without losing health. Anyway I thank the pros because I am a nightfire officer of Beverlyhill aka noob. :)
--
November 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ricecooker

i dont often call people noobs although i do frequently think it ;x

i can respect the placement of mines as a skill in certain situations. example when we used to have scrims in ctf_tower, using mines in the right spots were key to defending the flag. however, something like placing mines on the ladder to sniper in dm_island is something that i find pretty lame/noobish, as it takes hardly any skill whatsoever and is more or less just a way to get free kills

ronins, on the other hand, im not a fan of at all. i can train my cat to place a ronin bomb on the flag and press mouse1 as soon as she hears the sound of someone taking the flag. it takes about 5 minutes of playing for someone whos never played this game before to learn this "strategy", hence why we see mostly new agents playing like that. ronins deployed to shoot take a bit more skill as there are certain placement spots that will work better than others and what not. its a pretty easy learning curve though, doesnt take much practice to find the spots that work best. the biggest issue i have with ronins is exactly what baggy said: they encourage new players to play like dweebs instead of learning how to aim and pjump. long term learning these things is the better alternative to ronins for killing people. ronin bomb at flag usually gives me a boost rather than killing me. shooting ronins dont do that much damage and can be pjumped past easily

November 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

when u see a ronin bomb placed at flag point you could see it as a challenge first to find and kill the player who did put it there, before you can steal flag. i know, thats not compatible with the fast gaming of most pro- and pjump-players, but it could surely be seen as a part that makes the game interesting for people who dont pjump.

btw your different points of view about the effect of ronins are interesting. kry says its his way to defend against pjump, rice says it doesnt really damage/make problems. if kry is right, it seems really to be a way that should be accepted as a defence-tactic against pjumpers. if rice is right, it should no one care if ronins are used or not, cause at least they have no big damage-effect and everyone can handle easy with them.

there seems to be another problem about the "interests in the game". kry says he just looks for flag score in ctf. i know a lot of people who dont care about that and just look at their kills. so in consequence flag scorers maybe like ronins (for defending). kill scorers could like it cause ronins help to make more kills, but most kill scorers i know are too proud for this and want to shoot on their own ;)

if rice is really able to train millie placing ronin bombs, maybe baggy can train yurdle to pjump. we can see than if millies ronin bombs really dont damage much and if they give yurdle a boost. ekard could be trained to film the scene and put it in forum. hurra

--

November 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=435268526&size=thumb

I think Ekard is busy popping, didn't see him for a while

--

http://noobs-forum.webs.com/apps/util/Frames/browserFrame.jsp?&name=avatarId&type=image&multi=0&browse=false&parentForm=profileTabForm&appId=305&siteId=115764496&token=null

" ok. i like dm_caviar on happy place. and today it was fuckin cold. i eat some schnitzel now " ( by beverlypills, 11/07/2016 )

qt┴°Äm┘ ╠.▲

#sCROLL Up####

November 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ricecooker

well, let me clarify a few things. ronin bomb usually takes you down to like 10-20hp if its a direct hit. often ill be able to pjump in with full health, the nub with the bomb will blow it up as im grabbing flag and ill be able to fly out with almost 0 health and ctf. so basically it only helps the attacker if they have full health and nobody else is hitting them with shooting. since its mostly noobs using the bomb like this normally they wont hit me with any bullets, ill only take damage from the bomb so i survive

ive seen many players just hide in the back of spawn and wait for the sound/message (or in drakes case using wallhack ;x) that their flag has been taken and then blow up the ronin, making it kinda lame to have to goto the spawn room and kill them before you take the flag. for someone who doesnt pjump thats pretty much suicide

i usually just pratice my aim in public servers. in scrims when its first to 10 flags i obviously only care about getting to 10 no matter what my kills are. in public ill sometimes practice pjump and go for flags, but i dont really care about the total flag scores for each team in that situation

November 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

its not more suicide like in situations when both teams have the flag and the flag capturers hide in their spawns.

when the ronin bomber hides in spawn you need new tactics. while for exemple 1 or 2 attack the spawn, a third person can steal the flag and the ronin-bomber cant let his ronin explode cause hes in fight with the attackers in spawn. its just an exemple, i know it wont be realized and thats cause of the fast gameplay we have normally nowadays. its more realistic that the flag stealer makes 3 or 4 pjump tries before he uses team chat to coordinate his teammates to attack the defenders and ronin bombers :) (btw often such tactics cant be realized cause on public servers are so many people who dont chat back, dont want to do or cant do what you say/ask for)

in scrims its really strange/unfunny to put ronin bombs cause mostly more defenders than attackers.

on public servers i`m not sure. i mostly destroy the ronins (even when someone of my team puts them) cause they are annoying me. but i`m really open for krys arguments. i know situations with uneven teams and the winning team has a pjumper and it stands 17-1 for them and the pjumper goes on and on and captures more and more flags. then its ok when people use everything the server gives them - mines, ronins.....

--

November 6, 2013 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

today my computer exploded :(

--

http://noobs-forum.webs.com/apps/util/Frames/browserFrame.jsp?&name=avatarId&type=image&multi=0&browse=false&parentForm=profileTabForm&appId=305&siteId=115764496&token=null

" ok. i like dm_caviar on happy place. and today it was fuckin cold. i eat some schnitzel now " ( by beverlypills, 11/07/2016 )

qt┴°Äm┘ ╠.▲

#sCROLL Up####

November 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=435268526&size=thumb at November 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM

today my computer exploded :(

yes, find more informations about it here.

--

November 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY

Ricecooker at November 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM

i dont often call people noobs although i do frequently think it ;x

i can respect the placement of mines as a skill in certain situations. example when we used to have scrims in ctf_tower, using mines in the right spots were key to defending the flag. however, something like placing mines on the ladder to sniper in dm_island is something that i find pretty lame/noobish, as it takes hardly any skill whatsoever and is more or less just a way to get free kills

ronins, on the other hand, im not a fan of at all. i can train my cat to place a ronin bomb on the flag and press mouse1 as soon as she hears the sound of someone taking the flag. it takes about 5 minutes of playing for someone whos never played this game before to learn this "strategy", hence why we see mostly new agents playing like that. ronins deployed to shoot take a bit more skill as there are certain placement spots that will work better than others and what not. its a pretty easy learning curve though, doesnt take much practice to find the spots that work best. the biggest issue i have with ronins is exactly what baggy said: they encourage new players to play like dweebs instead of learning how to aim and pjump. long term learning these things is the better alternative to ronins for killing people. ronin bomb at flag usually gives me a boost rather than killing me. shooting ronins dont do that much damage and can be pjumped past easily

Dont know how to select just the parts i wanted to quote as im not a major forum person/chatter. But I agree with you rice total thats it is noob to put mines on ladder, and though u didn't mention it but someone did i think most noobish to put mines on known spawn spots on DM or even ctf maps. but i still say its a bit noobish to die by mines on the ladder in dm_island too as we should all know to check there first. I usually just mine armor areas bcs its fun to blow up armor runners. I especially like to mine the vent from the trap door room in dm_island. As for the ronin bomb giving u boost thats prob true, but when i blow someone up with any game boom it usually gives me a boost in laughter. I agree also that new agents tend to rely on easy tactics to get kills but think about what it is like for them to play against 3 pro's at once and imagin how frustrating it is to just die as soon as you get mid map if ur that lucky. then have to run back from spawn. DM ronin campers drive me nuts but also occupy me so i don't fret too much. its pro's who camp with ronin who really annoy me, and occupy me even more lol. anyway im ranting but no one is playing right now and i just had my second drink/toke. Hopefully though the new agents eventually get board and find somone who will teach them how to aim and what guns work.
--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

November 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ricecooker

yea you're right, it is pretty noobish to die from ladder mines. usually when i die there i get mad at myself for not checking first lol. and ya spawn mines are pretty lame as well

November 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hi,

I partially agree.

Fritz123

--

qt┴°Äm┘ ╠.▲

#sCROLL Up####

November 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY

I started this post mostly because I think it is funniest when someone bitches if I go to P90 only, this usually comes from someone who thinks they have more skill because they use a sniper.  Yes they use a sniper but they aim at body and then switch to p90 for easy finish.  I have started to try to do this well but untraining my aim for head is difficult and i stilll end up  tryinf fro second shot with sniper as well.  

My point over all is that everyone should be able to play however the server alows them to play, Only spawn camping spawn mines should not be tolorated.  Anyone does not like the wapons available on the sever or the maps or other settings.  Please find the section in forums on how to host your own server.  (someone start that section if it is not already there please).

--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

November 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.