Forum

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Game > Nightfire Client Patch for Players

norulezgaming

This is the famous client patch with auto update support for those who do not already have it. You will need this patch after gamespy shuts down if you wish to continue to be able to refresh the in-game server list. Please press yes to update when you have installed this patch as the version in this link is very old.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22962079/007Nightfire_Patch_v5_67_zip

May 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

Here is an updated link with the latest game version and the gamespy fix already applied. http://www.gamefront.com/files/24259640/007Nightfire_Patch_v5_75_zip

May 27, 2014 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

If anyone is having an issue where everytime they launch the game it asks to update, please tell me the date and time you attempted to update and click yes. I need to see what files are failing the CRC check.

May 28, 2014 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto

28/04/14 6:42 pm EST . sorry about what i said earlier. i didnt meant to upset you, i was just frustrated that playing on 1.0 vs players using patch that i had a disadvantage. that's all. your patch and what you do for nightfire is still fantastic work! 

May 28, 2014 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

there is NO disadvantage! using 1.0 is cheating especially because certain frame rates cause you to shoot and run twice as fast.

please PM me your IP address or post it here so I can find you in the access logs. www.whatsmyip.org

May 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ricecooker

bullets pls.. 1.0 is cheating? i cant tell if youre trolling but anyways nobody lowers their framerate to run 2% and spray 5% faster lol. 100 fps > 50/30 fps no matter how different the running/shooting thing is. on my old pc i used to play with 30-50fps when recording with fraps and it was god awful. the client patch makes nf hardware dependent, with 1.0 even the most basic pcs these days can easily run 100fps. ask any old player who used to play scrims, they all used the client patch because its easier to aim and pjump

May 28, 2014 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

yes, the old patches. before all that was fixed with timing improvements. you won't have the same thing on the client patch of today. i'm also going to streamline the patch shortly and remove a lot of the excess stuff, so expect a very different client patch very soon.

May 28, 2014 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto

if you can make 1.0 and patch fair/equal gameplay id be very happy  :)

May 28, 2014 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

expect the big bang patch version 5.8 soon. fully integrated settings manager, fully integrated map downloader, removed iron sights, fixed crosshair bugs, lower memory requirements, less EXE files to load, and more

May 29, 2014 at 5:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KiNg-Ahmed

As you said earlier that you will release new 5.8 patch soon. Are you going to fix the useless grenade? I saw on Nightfire Source website where 007 posted his topic about "Make NF:S Grenades Effective", and you said you were working to fix the useless grenade, but it never made it into any released patch due to gamespy's shutdown. So most players like to use a grenade and most don't because how useless grenade is. If you fix it, I think it will be greater and more useful than before lol. Looking forward to new 5.8!

--

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi, visit my website! king-ahmed.webs.com

Enjoy! ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

May 29, 2014 at 10:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto

other then sometimes not being able to throw them, i think the grenade is ok the way it is.

1)left click = far throw

2)right click = short throw

*these methods will work wiith smoke/flash or frag grenades. In my opinion, {WAR}K<R>Y was one of the best at using grenades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN0pcPtycmk

Ricecooker works his magic with grenades ;)^^

Maybe in nightfire source grenades will be different/more effective. I really hope this patch will bridge the gap between players using 1.0 and players using the client patch.

May 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

Nightfire's BIG BANG client patch is finally released. This release fixes TONS of bugs and makes everything fair for everyone. there have been major code rewrites and this patch is made to finally bridge the gap between 1.0 and the patch, and should please just about everyone. The map downloader is now integrated into the launcher, iron sights is completely removed, the frame rate is now capped to a certain value, many cheats are now disabled in MP such as wireframe and fullbright, there is a fully integrated settings menu right in the launcher (NO more having to open txt files to edit settings!)

Finally, the patch will no longer overwrite mods such as GUI scripts or menus, and no longer will it overwrite non-english versions of the game's menus. All the HD menu stuff, the bond models and everything is now optional.

Visit http://nightfirepc.com/#/downloads/client    to get version 5.80.   There is also a lite version that contains the bare basics, with no HD menu or scripts, won't overwrite other languages, etc.

Please let me know your feedback on this patch as it's taken a long time to create.

May 30, 2014 at 2:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto

Hi, wow that was faster then i expected! Nice work!! 

tried it out today and still getting patch restarts when i click yes to update. also, i still have the txt files and iron sights (maybe you can help me fix this?)

May 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

here's the solution: delete your nightfire. reinstall it, install v5.80 patch from nightfirepc.com.  rightclick on bond and select 'Run as Administrator'. if it still doesn't work, it's something wrong with your computer settings or firewall. EDIT: there is some extremely, extremely old deprecated code in the launcher to restart as admin but it should not be called at all since the launcher requests admin at startup.. but i'll remove it anyway.

May 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

also check if your nightfire folder is read only. this can cause the same problem

May 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto
Thanks! It was the "read only" Nightfire folder that did the trick.
May 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto

hi,

i just want to point out a few (small) kinda funny bugs in the patch (it has been really good so far:)) and i hope if norulezgaming have some extra time maybe can try to fix them or tell me how i can fix it. 

heres the first

photo regsniperscope_zps0417d521.jpg

reg sniper scope x1

reload aaaaand...

photo fovsniperbug_zps4a5d576e.jpg

do you think you can fix this?^^

this one i dont mind as much.. really is kinda cool too (sniper + taser) :p

photo sniperlaser_zps078f4a73.jpg

im not sure if this should be in servers patch but just noticed a floating/levitating bullet if you get around to it... ;)

photo floating_sniperbullets_zpsd29e324b.jpg

June 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

i thought #1 was fixed in 5.80?
#2 existed since 2002, it's because the taser was never meant to be in multiplayer. when you fire the taser the electricity shows up to whoever the first client joined the server.

#3 is the map on the server

June 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ricecooker

forgot to mention this to you when i first tested it, you can still get unlimited fps with fps_max 0 :x

June 13, 2014 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

oh shit, i will fix that thanks for notifying me

June 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.