Forum

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Game > Built in Server Browser Replacement

norulezgaming

there is now a work in progress server replacement completely separate from gamespy built in to the Nightfire Client Patch v5.74.
If server hosts would like their server to show up on the list, please simply hex edit the engine.dll and replace master.gamespy.com to master.nightfirepc.com. There will be a new server patch released soon with this already applied.

Here is a screenshot of it:

May 22, 2014 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

sounds good:)!

but 2 questions:

1. is it necessary to install the patch for getting the server list?

2. will this new server browser stay forever or for example you will deleate it when theres not much activity on the servers or any other reasons?

--

"DONT BE A HATER, BE A CELEBRATER" (by Jeff Stelling, 9/26/2013)

May 23, 2014 at 6:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=435268526&size=thumb

Nice :)

Is it a standalone app like the server browser from nfbsp Tres? From the screenshot it looks like it is.

Can NON-patch users also just hexedit the url in the engine.dll or redirect master.gamespy.com to master.nightfirepc.com via an entry in the hosts-file?

An android server browser app for mobile would also be cool.

I am somehow a little bit irritated by Drake beeing on the screenshot. Doesn't his nose looks a little too big, or is it my screenratio / FOV / Me /caused by beer / him wearing a Conchita Wurst beard / someone punched him in face before taking pic of him / hahaha /etcc.., any ideas?

Keep on the good work :)

--

http://noobs-forum.webs.com/apps/util/Frames/browserFrame.jsp?&name=avatarId&type=image&multi=0&browse=false&parentForm=profileTabForm&appId=305&siteId=115764496&token=null

" ok. i like dm_caviar on happy place. and today it was fuckin cold. i eat some schnitzel now " ( by beverlypills, 11/07/2016 )

qt┴°Äm┘ ╠.▲

#sCROLL Up####

May 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

at this point it is 100% necessary to install the patch to use the server browser. in the future it will not be. there is also some progress replicating the master server itself so that the in-game browser may continue to work.

May 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

ok, sounds great :)

replicating the master server means what exactly? will there be a copy of the original with works fine with the game so that its showed up automatically in-game? this would be the most wonderful solution, cause i think there are many unorganized players who dont find/look for the other possible solutions like patch etc.

--

"DONT BE A HATER, BE A CELEBRATER" (by Jeff Stelling, 9/26/2013)

May 24, 2014 at 8:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=435268526&size=thumb

@ norulezgaming: cool :)

@ beverly: Slap me if i'm wrong but I think it's hardcoded in the engine.dll (or wherever) that the game-built-in internal serverbrowser tries to connect to "master.gamespy.com" domain, a subdomain of gamespy. I think the player/client will at least have to edit either this file with an hexeditor replacing it with "master.nightfirepc.com" or redirecting it via an entry in another file named hosts, which is in everybodys system32/drivers/etc/ subfolder.

Am I Right?

Or maybe someone managed it to change dns entries in big providers dns server.

?

--

http://noobs-forum.webs.com/apps/util/Frames/browserFrame.jsp?&name=avatarId&type=image&multi=0&browse=false&parentForm=profileTabForm&appId=305&siteId=115764496&token=null

" ok. i like dm_caviar on happy place. and today it was fuckin cold. i eat some schnitzel now " ( by beverlypills, 11/07/2016 )

qt┴°Äm┘ ╠.▲

#sCROLL Up####

May 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

no matter what, it requires downloading a patch

May 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

new master server that completely mimicks gamespy is complete now.. but for some fucking reason the only time it works is if you use nfbsp client... the game can't decrypt the packet properly. it may be that the encryption is totally different...

May 25, 2014 at 5:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.