Forum

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Game > Most Realistic Nightfire Lighting Ever?

norulezgaming

Taking advantage of all the latest features in the nightfire compile tools, I created two lamp models to demonstrate how beautiful you can make your lighting in Nightfire now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-ghwDotGP8&hd=1

Tell me what you think?

February 27, 2014 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KiNg-Ahmed

Wow Dylan... I gotta say that these lights are the most realistic I've ever seen! :D The gun shines and brighten up your character model, block sprite, more beautiful lights than before, and they are wonderful compare to that shitty old light ugly shadows lol! Really wow... Every creator mappers will be happy to make their map look beautiful. Nice job on these lights Dylan! :) The greatest Nightfire compile tool you've ever made! (Thumbs up on YouTube lol)

--

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi, visit my website! king-ahmed.webs.com

Enjoy! ;)

February 28, 2014 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

looks very professional. btw are you still creating maps norulezgaming? will there be released a new one soon?

--

"DONT BE A HATER, BE A CELEBRATER" (by Jeff Stelling, 9/26/2013)

February 28, 2014 at 7:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

if i wasn't you wouldnt be seeing a thread like this. i don't know about releasing anything soon

February 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

Newly modified compiler :  

Original compiler:

March 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KiNg-Ahmed

Another realistic shadow. Nice Dylan :)

--

Hi, visit my website! king-ahmed.webs.com

Enjoy! ;)

March 3, 2014 at 6:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

i've been trying to put my head around why the lightmap scale was a hit or miss on nightfire. the first mod had to change the base lightmap scale and incremental lightmap scale in the compiler itself, then changing it on the texture. but even at 1 scale, the shadows are still jagged.

so eventually i found out that in Half-Life/Source, surfaces are cut up every certain amount of units, so one large square will be broken down into many smaller squares. nightfire doesn't do that, and the compiler hits the limit amount of 'luxels' it can use to create shadows very quickly. so the solution was to change the base scale and incremental, then slice up the floor into a bunch of smaller squares, then lower the lightmap scale from 16 to 4.

March 3, 2014 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

left = old, right = new

March 3, 2014 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

here's another map demonstrating the use of the new specular entity lights and modified compile tools:

http://nightfire.no-ip.org/img/bestnflightingever2.png

June 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto

nice work,, it looks great!!! :)

June 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

wuaaa. looks great. but i`m always between the opinion "nice!!" and "hmm, that doesnt look like my old loved nightfire with shitty graphics" :)

--

"DONT BE A HATER, BE A CELEBRATER" (by Jeff Stelling, 9/26/2013)

June 11, 2014 at 5:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=435268526&size=thumb

Hi,

it looks nice :)

Is there another lightsource outside the screenshot producing the shadow of the pillar and/or the fence?

For my feeling the shadow of the fence looks a little bit to strong / dark.

Some of the old pics in this thread doesnt show up.

Cheers

--

http://noobs-forum.webs.com/apps/util/Frames/browserFrame.jsp?&name=avatarId&type=image&multi=0&browse=false&parentForm=profileTabForm&appId=305&siteId=115764496&token=null

" ok. i like dm_caviar on happy place. and today it was fuckin cold. i eat some schnitzel now " ( by beverlypills, 11/07/2016 )

qt┴°Äm┘ ╠.▲

#sCROLL Up####

June 13, 2014 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

the shadows are completely modifiable. and no this is 100% ingame nightfire, no external magic. this is simply to show how sharp you can make the shadows

June 13, 2014 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.