Forum

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Game > Map-Reviews

beverlypills
Administrator

Howdy!

In this thread everyone has the possibility to write reviews about maps. there are no rulez to create it, but some suggestions:

-put some pics so that the people who read it get some impressions of the map

-write a short text what you like/dislike in the map, stuff like sounds, design, bugs, spawn-places etc.

i will start with a winter-map:

dm_winterestate

its a deathmatch map with winter-atmosphere: snow is lying on the roofs of the houses and on the street and its constantly falling new snow (we dont have that often in multiplayer-maps!)

with "constantly" i mean "constantly"! so thats one of the biggest of some bugs in the map: snow is not only falling outside. its in rooms too, as you can see on the picture below

but to be honest, i like that bug :)

outside you have a big yard between the houses. there are not many things to hide behind, only a few trees and benches and of course the corners of the houses. a wonderful thing is that you can go on the roofs. its a nice camping place with a good view into the yard.

for me its fun, pjumpers maybe have fun to jump from one roof to the next, bad players maybe have some problems because they cant hide very good in this map and pros or campers have an easy way to kill them.

--

"DONT BE A HATER, BE A CELEBRATER" (by Jeff Stelling, 9/26/2013)

December 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

lol i made that map years ago. it was my absolute first attempt at a mission map and i failed extremely hard so i made it multiplayer. somewhere along the line the .map got corrupted and everytime i compiled the map, the walls didn't line up anymore and thats why you see the misaligned walls in various places

December 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY

Baggy and I had fun pjumping in dm_overwatch.  I might be mistaken but this map had a very Half Life or HL2  feel to it.  If i figure out how to bost the video i took with my phone of Baggy doing pj laps I will post it here.  There wer only two of us there so it would be hard to evaluate how the map would be for a CT game.  It was a nice size not too big or small and had some good pjumping as well as places that would be fun to fight i think.  It is basically a cit scape with 4 streets one building between that is accessable and many surrounding buildings with little pockets to take cover in.  These pockets are what reminded me of HL2 level that you need to aviod snipers you cant see

and save some dude in the building.

--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

December 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto

Hi

GoOd tiMeS :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMsUf_rFtI0

--
December 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY

Nice !

--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

December 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY

Dm_paradise is cool, but I found this image to be the most intersting part, can you tell what it is ?

--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

December 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

nice review and video :) didnt know that map before. reminds me a bit on a mission map to free someone in a house where gangsters live^^

yea dm_paradise is cool, on your picture is the romania-map in mini. ricecooker used it in his intro to 10th birthday of nightfire-video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_HWxtYLCfQ

--

December 29, 2013 at 11:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

norulezgaming

overwatch in nightfire is a gigantic fail of a port from HL2:

December 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=435268526&size=thumb

be aware of the...

sPACEHOLDEr

--

http://noobs-forum.webs.com/apps/util/Frames/browserFrame.jsp?&name=avatarId&type=image&multi=0&browse=false&parentForm=profileTabForm&appId=305&siteId=115764496&token=null

" ok. i like dm_caviar on happy place. and today it was fuckin cold. i eat some schnitzel now " ( by beverlypills, 11/07/2016 )

qt┴°Äm┘ ╠.▲

#sCROLL Up####

December 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY
Yep that's what I thought it was from.
--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

December 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY
Great thread idea Beverly. Sorry I didn't get server going in time last night PC was acting up (turns out it was downloading an update and then took forever to restart) More map review to come after the new year.
--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

December 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY
BTW the top ss on overwatch is mid air PJ :)
--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

December 30, 2013 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY

Here are dm_jx_centreville and dm_ss_arena bother very different from each other but were fun maps we played this morning.  Centerville was made by Xrays as you will see in one of the ss.

Centerville was fun but a little bit big, (smaller than dm_knox) Had lots of ccool conecting halls and areas to go.  brapple to high sniper points and was fun to play for me.  King Ahmed thought it was also from HL2

dm_ss_arena

just a nice small arena map with similar to a paintball arena.  Was a challenge to try to reach the sniper up top, i had to leave before anyone did.

--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

December 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY

Does say thanks to Dylan & Kenny on that sign, sorry didn't notice gun was blocking when i took ss, was not intentional to not show it.

--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

December 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

haha i like dm_ssarena, its a nice challenge.

another map: ctf_thetrain

its a very big map, something like a long train line (but without train). the line connects two little depots that every team has and where their flag stands. that means for both teams they have a long journey to the other flag. that can be funny, but when you for exemple hunt the flag stealer from the other team and he or his teammates kill you in the middle of the line, you dont really have a chance to get him then, because your spawn is too far away to get him now. only if you are pjumper and the flag stealer isnt you may have a chance.

the map at least is nice cause i like big maps, you have many hiding-places, the train line goes up and down, if no one is using pjump you would really have to think about attacking/defending-tactics, could be really interesing. but its more a map for "many players". i would say 8 vs 8 and this map is much party fun!

--

December 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY

Can anyone tell me if there is a multiplayer version of this map?  I remember playing it with many people in the past, loads of fun, ;ike king of the mountain.

--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

January 8, 2014 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

{WAR}KrY

M7_isalnd04 was the name in singleplayer

--

K<R>Y

c|;-{~

January 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

yea kry, i remember these times. it was the server "ashleys playground" where it was always hosted. loved it too. i think ashley just hosted the map and we all connected on it, but its not a special multiplayer map

--

January 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[NooB] Baggylotto

ctf_surfmap 8)

it is a fun map. spawns are next to each other and you race down a track to this big jump (..that i suck at and never made it once) "if" you make it past the jump i am guessing there will be flag. its cool because both teams go down the track and can shoot each other or pen while surfing :) its a little too hard to make the jump. maybe Ricecooker can do it: download link http://nightfire.gamebanana.com/maps/118476

here are some pics

photo surfmap2_zpsb8d1670b.png

photo surfmapglitch_zps1b097d10.png

photo surfmap3_zps3de61541.png

--
January 28, 2014 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beverlypills
Administrator

ehrs_house_beta4  (download link http://www.mediafire.com/download/13cx99s9p0tlc2j/ehrs_house_beta4.zip)

this alpha-map from ehrgeiz is very funny. its mainly a big house with all typical rooms like bath, living room, kitchen etc. and it has a little field outside, but its not really a garden and not fully completed. the pictures on the walls in the house are full of allusions to nightfire multiplayer game, like this screenshot of Rock:

there are other funny specials inside the house, like this button. better dont press it ...

or you will end in king ahmeds deathpool :D

the house is created with love for details:

on the walls you can find excpet to nightfire-screenshots many pictures of animes/mangas like pokemon, dragonball, zelda:

fazit: the map is full of fun-stuff. the rooms look almost all perfectly designed and the map is in general more complete than other maps, even when its only an "alpha"-version. for gameplay, its a classical dm-map that reminds on other "big house"-maps like dm_paradise. all in all its fun and you should try this map :)

--

September 6, 2015 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.